5 Marketing Trends for 2020
Integrated Data Takes Over
In 2020, more organizations will leverage customer data platforms (CDPs) to create highly orchestrated customer journeys.
- CDPs now allow executives to unlock the value of unified data
- Doing it has never been easier, more cost-effective, or more manageable
- A single, integrated view allows companies to optimize customer interactions
- This business model will closely align strategic plans and customer engagement
Say “Hello” to AI-Augmented Content
Marketers and CX professionals will create content in tandem with artificial intelligence platforms.
- AI understands the emotions that specific words and phrases can evoke
- By applying mathematical certainty to words, AI will generate suggested copy
- AI also helps develop experimental design used for versioning and testing
- Marketers will be able to deliver predictable content and copy performance
AI understands the emotions that specific words and phrases can evoke
Beyond Digital Transformation
Companies that began their digital transformations early will move on to the next phase of digital maturity—customer experience management.
- Reorienting people, processes, and technologies sets up the CX environment
- These companies already have real-time, intelligent, predictive customer data
- They have CX teams that manage customer experiences in a cross-disciplinary way
- They’re better at prioritizing investments than those undergoing digital transformation
Agile Marketing Isn’t Slowing Down
Agile marketing will enable the real-time testing, evaluation, and optimization of deployments.
- Agile companies have the technology in place to perform more experimentation
- Consequently, they innovate more, take more risks, and drive higher performance
- Many of them are now scaling agile marketing across the entire organization
- Data, analytics, and experimentation now inform enterprise-wide decisions
Marketing Becomes A Catalyst For Transformation
Marketing will lead the digital intelligence and transformation charge and usher the rest of the organization forward.
- Marketers were the first to embrace digital and customer-centric transformation
- As more businesses embark on these transformations, they see marketing’s success
- More CMOs are being asked to lead their organizations’ transformations
Twelve months from now, it will be interesting to see which of these marketing trends remain strong, and which are replaced by even newer trends. Let’s check then and review how far we’ve come.
Based on 5 Marketing Trends That Will Impact Your Business Most in 2020 by Giselle Abramovich.
Share on Facebook
Post on Twitter